As I’m sure you can guess it’s an on-going battle to keep the shelter going. We struggle to keep the dogs warm during the harsh winters with temperatures reaching as low as -20 degrees and cool in the summer with temperatures reaching as high as 38-40 degrees. These extreme seasons calls for constant maintenance. We need to feed the dogs on a daily basis, neuter and spay shelter dogs and local strays and ensure the dogs receive the veterinary support they require. Here are just a few ways that you can help us raise desperately needed funds. Everything donated by our supporters is hugely appreciated and every penny goes to the shelter!
Sponsor a Dog
If you would like to sponsor one of our beautiful shelter dogs, either as a one-off donation or as monthly direct debit, e.g. £2, £5, £10. You can do this in two ways, donate via PayPal or as a bank transfer to Amanda: Sort code: 11-00-38 and Account number: 00581081. A monthly direct debit goes a long way and offers a regular, more secure income for the shelter.
Join our fundraising page
Shop online & collect FREE donations
When you shop the easyfundraising way with one of their 3,200+ shops (all high street names you’ll know and love), they give charities a commission for your purchase. So before you shop online again:
1. Simply register with easyfundraising – www.easyfundraising.org.uk
2. Select “Compassion for Greek Paws Organisation” as your cause.
3. Click “Join us” to create an account.
4. Download their helpful Donation Reminder so that you never forget to collect a free donation.
5. Start shopping – it’s that easy!
Volunteer with us in Greece or the UK
There are several different ways you can volunteer with us, here are just a few. Of course, we welcome new ideas!
- Visit the shelter in Greece to help Amanda with daily tasks or get stuck in with new building projects when they arise.
- Become a home-checker – we need volunteers across the UK.
- Set up a fundraising group in your local area.
- Spread the word – talk to friends and family, and share our updates via your social media accounts.